- Factory equipment
- Power Tools
- Household Products
- Recreational Products
- Industrial Equipment
- Production Line Equipment
- Garden Equipment
- Food Products
- Vehicle Components
Products we assume to be safe can injure children and adults alike, and at any time including at home, work and at play. Products meant to keep us safe can fail or even cause harm to the user. A person injured while using a product that was manufactured or marketed in a defective or dangerous way may be able to recover the resulting damages from the owner, manufacturer, retailer, installer or maintainer of the product in a products liability-based personal injury suit.
Product liability law is based on the imposition of fault upon an owner, manufacturer, retailer, installer, maintainer or anyone who placed into the stream of commerce defective or dangerous products that cause injuries. Products that are not reasonably fit, suitable and safe. The basic concept underlying product liability law is that the companies providing the products are usually in the best position to prevent defective products from entering the marketplace, so if they fail to do so, they should be held accountable. This includes providing an adequate warning when the dangerous aspect of the product cannot be designed out of it. An experienced and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer at MC&F can advise you on whether you may have a claim against a product manufacturer or seller and can help them recover the damages to which they are legally entitled.
- Dangerous and hazardous children’s toys causing choking hazard, strangulation injury, eye injury, toxic components)
- Defective, unsafe and hazardous tools and machines: factory equipment, industrial equipment, production line equipments, machinery, nail guns, table saws, circular saws, punch presses, injection molding equipment, wood and metal working equipment, augers, garden and snow removal equipment, etc.
- Defective, hazardous and unsafe vehicles and components including design, warning and negligent repairs involving defective brakes, transmissions, dangerous and defective tires, blown tires, air bag injuries, failed seat belts, crashworthiness of vehicles including crushed roofs, cabin integrity resulting in occupant injuries, etc.
- Dangerous prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications and nutritional supplements and herbal remedies
- Recreational products: swingsets, trampolines, playground equipment, boats, ATV’s, campers, helmets and other protective devices, etc.
- Agricultural equipment
- Food poisoning, foreign substances, spoiled food, contaminated food.
- Hazardous cosmetics and hair sprays that can cause chemical burns, catch fire, cause hair loss or scarring
- Flammable clothing
To obtain compensation in product liability cases, Montgomery, Chapin & Fetten, P.C. depends on a nationwide network of experts who can lend their expertise to us and our clients to testify as to the existence and nature of any defective design or manufacture of the product, or qualified medical personnel who can express opinions about the extent of the injury and future care required.
Persons injured by dangerous or defective products need the counsel of skilled veterans of personal injury and products liability law to advise them on the complexities of their case and guide them through the legal system toward the most favorable outcome. If you or someone you know has suffered personal injuries as a result of using a dangerous or defective product, an experienced and knowledgeable MC&F personal injury lawyer can advise you on whether you may have a claim against the product manufacturer or seller and can help you recover the maximum damages recoverable under the applicable law.
Contact the New Jersey product liability lawyers of MC&F today to arrange a free initial consultation. We can meet with you evenings or weekends to discuss a personal injury or wrongful death claim arising from a defective product. If we take your case we can usually offer you a contingency fee with means you will not pay attorneys’ fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation. We have attorneys who speak Spanish and Greek.
NJ Personal Injury and Workplace Discrimination Attorney Disclaimer: The contents of this site or other legal information set forth in this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer or attorney client relationship. Please contact a New Jersey personal injury or employment lawyer at our Bridgewater, NJ law firm. This website is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the State of New Jersey.